Friday, December 27, 2013

Just a few recent reads...

I use Grammarly's plagiarism checker because I value my words and writing, and the 
posts of all my blog friends. Copy-cats are not nearly as cute as the original, you know!

***

Happy Christmas break y'all! I've been catching up on my reading, and have four fabulous books to share with you today! I hope you enjoy reading about four of my recent reads, and we'll go ahead and start with my FAVORITE of the bunch!



I blogged about the first book in Rachel Van Dyken's Eagle Elite series, Elite, here. And oh, boy, you can imagine my joy when I found out book two was out and I had been approved to read it via NetGalley. Y'all. GO READ THIS SERIES! Of everything I've blogged about and reviewed lately, this is my FAVORITE new series, and it's CHEAP to download and read. Trace and Nixon's relationship and all the crazy mafia-style family connections keep this one both full of suspense and romance. I love, love, love it. I'm officially a huge Rachel Van Dyken fan,  and I can't wait for the next book in the Eagle Elite series. Entice (book 3) and Elicit (book 4) both look to be coming out in 2014, so I'm excited. Jump on board the Eagle Elite train with me!


Elite on Amazon - $4.74
Elect on Amazon - $2.99

Take my advice, and enjoy! Now, on to the rest of my recent reads...



This was the perfect book to read during a somewhat balmy few days of my Christmas break. From the Nashville songwriter Jenny to the big OBrien family, this book is a winner, especially around the holidays. I love stories of romance and family and redemption - and this one made me want to pack up and head back to the beach on top of it all. Sherryl Wood, a New York Times #1 best-selling author, did a fantastic job with this book. The characters jump off the pages, and you find yourself really rooting for Jenny to make it through hard times and fall in love with Caleb (the singer who broke her heart years ago) again. The family antics along the way make for fun reading... and if you have a big smily, this will remind you of yours I bet! Read via NetGalley. You can check it out here.



I know this probably looks a little out of place compared to what I normally like to read, and what you see shared on my blog reviews. While we don't have kids yet, I jumped at the chance to flip through this book by a fellow Alabama alum, who is also an incredibly Godly man. I loved reading a few of his stories, and advice on raising daughters. It was sweet, Biblical and grounded in true life stories and advice. This one will stay on my digital bookshelf for a day in the future in case it is needed. Read via NetGalley. This book will be released on May 14, 2014, and you can find more info here


To be VERY, very honest, I thought this book, a selection of novellas, would annoy me. I hate short-ish stories, and I usually don't like small books all tied together. I didn't realize it wasn't just one story when I downloaded it and started reading it. But then the first story ended, and I was a little annoyed. Then I finished reading all three stories - The Wedding Gift, The Wedding Dance and The Wedding Song. Each was fun, and different, but tied characters and story lines together. from a chef to a florist to a musician, each female lead is fun and easy to like, and they all work together at the beautiful Rose Chalet, a wedding location. If you like short reads, or things you can break up easily, this book might be for you. Read via NetGalley. It releases on Jan. 28, 2014, and you can pre-order it for under $6 here if you're interested. 


I loved this story of London, love triangles and balls. It's just another world and another culture and it's one of those books that it's great to disappear into. From teas to alliances and betrayal, it was such fun to read about Rose and her season in London - not to mention the handsome Scottish duke Alexander Ross that she falls for. Sometimes I worried that I enjoyed this Teens and Young Adult genre too much, but a good book is a good book regardless of where and how you get to read it right? The cast of characters in this At Somerton novel is good for an easy day read, or for the younger reader in your life. The hardcover costs $17.99, but you can get it online for $9.99 right now.  Read via NetGalley. For more information or to read a more in-depth account of the book, check it out on Amazon here

That's all I've got for now, but I'm on a lovely holiday break and plan on burying my nose in quite a few more books, so more to come soon!

XOXO - and happy reading!
Mrs. Jones


Disclaimer: 
I was compensated by Grammerly for sharing about their site, but all opinions are my own!

No comments:

Post a Comment