Sunday, August 11, 2013

Reviewing my beach reads...

When I disappeared on vacation, you can bet I had about a dozen books and planned to read them all. So far I've made my way through five, so I'm going to go ahead and tell you about them.


Elite 
By Rachel Van Dyken
Elite is the first book in The Eagle Elite Series, and it has been by far my favorite. Intrigue, fun, romance.... it's like Gossip Girl meets a well-written 50 Shades. I am dying for the next book in the series to come out, so go ahead and check this one out for just $2.99 on Amazon here. (I was able to read and review this book for free thanks to NetGalley.com.)



Tidewater Inn
By Colleen Coble
I got this book for free when the price dropped on Amazon, and I was pleasantly surprised by my first Colleen Coble book. It was a good story about friends and romance. It was the perfect easy beach read. If you're interested, you can find this book in various forms on Amazon here.



Homeport
By Nora Roberts
Snagged from the half-price used bookstore before I left, this was another fun Nora Roberts read. I loved reading about travel and art in it - and she truly is a master of romance writing. While not incredibly memorable, it was the perfect beach read.




Love Drunk Cowboy
By Carolyn Brown
Also grabbed from the used bookstore because it looked fun, this book was a great read and I'd recommend it to anyone looking for summer fun! I loved reading about Austin, the city girl who falls in love with the country and making her grandmother's watermelon wine. And Rye, the guy she starts to fall for, just jumps off the page at you. I'm debating not selling this book back so I can send it on to a friend to read. It was that good!





Surrender Bay: A Nantucket Love Story
By Denise Hunter
This book was good. Not as memorable as some of the others, but it was Christian fiction which I always enjoy. The theme that ran throughout was unconditional love, and the main character, Sam, grappled with that as she had to accept it and be forgiven for a terrible choice in her past. I really enjoyed the Nantucket setting of the novel. Always fun to read about places you haven't been!


That's all for this round! Check out my Goodreads account to see more of what I'm reading!

XOXO,
Mrs. Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment