Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Just a few Christmas questions...

I saw this post over on Kate & Trudy, and thought it would be a fun little thing to share today!

Here are my answers to the 25 Christmas questions floating around blog-land!

Merry Christmas and happy holidays!
Mrs. Jones

***

1. Eggnog or hot chocolate?
Hot chocolate, or course. Egg nog does no sound fun.

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?
When I was really little, big presents were sitting under the tree unwrapped. But as we got older, more and more of the presents were wrapped!

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white?
White lights, always!

4. Do you hang mistletoe?
Nope.

5. When do you hang your decorations up?
Umm… Kind of early. They usually go up before Thanksgiving. Yes, I'm one of those people.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish, excluding dessert?
My mom's prime rib on Christmas eve is amazing. My aunt's green bean bundles are also a fave!

7. Favorite holiday memory as a child?
Honestly, I think there are too many to name.

8. What is on your Christmas wish list?
Not too much this year. Stocking and stocking stuffers are my favorite!

9. Do you open gifts on Christmas Eve?
We always got PJs on Christmas Even when we were kids. Now, we may do that every few years, but not always!

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree?
We have three this year - our main tree, our Disney tree, and my childhood tree decorated all in pink!

11. Snow - love it or dread it?
Love it! But probably because we live in Alabama, and never get any!

12. Real tree or fake tree?
Fake. I grew up with one, and my husband had a very unfortunate incident with spiders hatching on Christmas Eve when he was younger….. so it will always be a fake tree in our house!

13. Do you remember your favorite gift?
Another hard one. I remember getting my first CD player, and a Disney CD. Go figure, right? The year my parents surprised me with a pearl necklace was another favorite! But the best Christmas present ever? That would have to be getting sweet Eve Belle just before Christmas from my in-laws four years ago!

14. What's the most important thing about Christmas for you?
Spending time with family, and finally taking the time to really relax!

15. What is your favorite holiday dessert?
Cherry pie, but we rarely have it!

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition?
Christmas Eve dinner and my parents' house. It's the beginning of an incredible few days, always!

17. What tops your tree?
Bows! I take after my mom like that. But the Disney tree has a bow - and Minnie ears. :-)

18. Do you prefer giving or receiving?
I think everyone likes getting gifts, but the older I've gotten, the more pleasure I take in finding and giving a truly great gift to someone I love. I can't wait to see how much my gifts are loved this year!

19. What is your favorite Christmas song?
O Holy Night…. it reminds me so much of the reason this time of year is so special!

20. Candy canes, yuck or yum?
Yum, but I don't eat them that much!

21. Favorite Christmas movie?
I like them all - but probably The Santa Clause!

22. What do you leave for Santa?
Milk and cookies!

23. Do you have a Christmas morning tradition?
It's changed a little over the years. Now it's a little lazier. Get up, shower, head to my parents house if we are in town, or upstairs at the in-laws if we are there. Breakfast. Presents. Lots of movie time.

24. Do you prefer to shop online or at the mall?
A mix. I'm a bargain-hunter.

25. Christmas letter or Christmas card?
Christmas card - with a few paragraphs about our year on the back of course!

1 comment:

  1. Love it!! Glad you enjoyed the questions. They've been floating around and I just couldn't resist :)

    "The Santa Clause" is our first movie set for tomorrow morning for our Christmas Movie Marathon! YAY!

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete