Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Writer's Block vs. Crazy Busy

I'm not really sure which one of these it is. My brain is fuzzy and it's hard to focus.

It's been one of those weeks. Or a few of them. I'm sitting here in Oklahoma City with so much to say. I'm here at the Women's College World Series to cheer my sister and Alabama on, and tonight is do or die. They are in the championship and down one game in the best of three series. So, send out some cheers, thoughts and prayers tonight as they battle for an NCAA title.

I'll have lots more to say when I'm back home, and have all my photos sorted, but it's been a great and busy few weeks. This is day six in OKC, so I'm really missing my sweet husband and puppy, but I'm oh-so-grateful for this time with my parents as we cheer my sister on.

I've been going 90-to-nothing at home, so this trip has been a wonderful vacation because it has forced me to slow down. There are a few phone calls to answer and emails to check, but the days are fun and slow. Coffee and a workout in the morning. Lunch with my family. Shopping and exploring and softball games in the afternoons and evenings. It doesn't get much better.

I feel refreshed and relaxed. I mean, I'm not expecting to feel quite the same way after our 11-hour car ride home when it's time to hit the road, but we will just make it work.

More soon,
Mrs. Jones

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad that you're getting a little time to just *breath* and not be running around like a whirling dervish! I bet hubby and EB will be ecstatic to see you walk through the door. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ready to cheer on the bama girls!! cheer for me tonight!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. To spend time with family and cheer on sister, it sounds like a great time! I'm glad you're enjoying the time away from the crazy.

    ReplyDelete