Wednesday, May 9, 2012

A little glimpse of Augusta...

Good afternoon lovelies!

In the spirit of catching up on all things in blog-land, I have to share our amazing day at the Masters in Augusta! We had tickets for Thursday, and I had never been, so it was certainly a huge treat!

Mr. Jones had been once before, on a Sunday, and he said he loved being able to see the whole field play. Apparently there is a lot more to watch and a lot more action going on early in the tournament.

I'm learning more about golf, and my sweet husband adores it - playing and watching - so we had a blast running around together! We arrived 15 minutes before the gates opened, which means I had to be up and at 'em for the drive at 5:30!

This was our view as we arrived on the grounds....


Photos aren't allowed during tournament days, but oh, it was beautiful. The grounds were stunning and I couldn't believe I was walking through a place filled with so much tradition and history. It was truly a treat and I hope we get to enjoy this together again one day!

We watched the honorary starters, and Mr. Jones was so excited to see legends hitting a golf ball. (He was kind of cute to watch). Then we took off to walk the back nine holes while no one was playing them. We stared at Amen Corner, lounged around as he told me stories from past years, and more. It was fun.

We hit up the souvenir shop and I think our favorite purchase was a pair of Masters Tervis Tumblers. We have quite the collection and felt the need to add a pair from this trip to it! The shopping was CRAZY! People could spend so much money in the blink of an eye.

Our breakfast and lunch were the cheapest they could possibly be! Drinks and sandwiches under $2? Yes please!

I was a HUGE fan of the egg salad sandwich and the pink lemonade. We snagged some for the road and I snapped pictures in the car - I had to have some pictures!



As we drove away around 4 to begin our trip home, I managed this iPhone shot of Magnolia Drive. Simply stunning...


To give you an idea of what a warm and busy and long and tiring and amazing (haha, yep all of the above) day it was, here are the "before" and "after" photos of us!



I know I had fun, and my sweet husband had an absolute blast. I love that we got to share such an amazing experience together! These are things that you'll remember for the rest of your life.

XOXO,
Mrs. Jones

1 comment: