Thursday, October 27, 2011

Six months later...


I thought it'd be easier to describe how I've felt today. I drive the path of the storm each weekday morning on my way to Starbucks and the office. 

It's a different world on so many fronts in different sections of our town. But life has gone on. Sometimes you forget what has happened.

It's hard to imagine that at 5 today, I stood outside my house and stared the same direction, with the same type sky in the background - minus a funnel cloud. 


Bad things happen. I know that. But I also know that the aftermath has shown the giving nature of a state and the generosity of strangers across the country. It has shown the strength and heart of a city. 

#WeAreAlabama
#TTownNeverDown

XOXO,
Mrs. Jones

3 comments:

  1. I can't even imagine how you and your city dealt with something like that. It is definitely due to strength and heart - you said it right!

    ReplyDelete