Redbook's "Healthier At Home" Shrimp and Crab Quesadilla
- 8 oz each cooked shrimp and lump crabmeat
- 1/2 cup fresh corn kernels (char them in a skillet for even more flavor)
- 1/2 cup pico de gallo or chunky salsa
- 1/4 cup nonfat sour cream
- 2 habanero chiles, seeded, finely diced
- 1 1/2 cups each shredded pepper jack cheese and cheddar cheese
- 8 8-inch nonfat flour tortillas
1. In a medium bowl, combine shrimp, crab, corn, pico, sour cream and chiles.
2. Top each of 4 tortillas with 3/4 cup cheese and 3/4 cup of the shrimp-crab mixture, then place remaining tortillas on top.
3. Cook quesadillas in a nonstick skillet over medium heat until browned, 3-4 minutes. Flip and cook 3 minutes more. Cut each into 6 wedges. Makes 6 servings (4 wedges each).
(Each serving has 431 calories.)
- This was delicious, but a little too large a portion for just the two of us!