Sunday, November 8, 2009

Searching for that silver lining...

I'm trying. I really am. I was reading a blog the other afternoon that asked what silver lining we've found in our own lives lately. And I know there are so many.

We loved Butterball. It gave us a glimpse of the future. Of other puppies. Of kids. Of family life. I have to be so thankful for that.

The past week taught me a lot about my husband. He fell in love with our puffball. He loved being Butterball's daddy. He protected me from the hard things at the end. He held me when I cried, even while tears streamed down his own face. He's made me remember the good things. If I am sad, I have to start naming all the fun we have in those short five days. It helps. This week taught me so much about this wonderful man I married. It taught us a lot about the team we are together. I never would have made it without him.

As the days go on, the tears are fewer and fewer. I've had a pretty productive day today. I haven't cried (yet. I still might.) But there are more smiles, and more good memories.

I hope to get back to my normal schedule this week (for school, work, cleaning, cooking and blogging). Last week there was no such thing as normal. I was on Cloud 9 Sunday to Tuesday, and so sad from Wednesday on.

I still plan on sharing some of the fun times we had with Butterball. I hope you'll laugh and smile when you read them. They are the things that I need to remember.

Thanks for all of your love and support.
XOXO,
Mrs. Jones


3 comments:

  1. We may not live close to you, but all your bloggy friends are here for you.

    I hope that Butterball's short life doesn't stop you from trying again with a new puppy...when the time is right. You and hubby were his life, and he'd want to you be happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree with Cole. If we could all hug you, we would.

    You were Butterball's mom and dad for a reason and now you know, without a doubt, a puppy will bring you closer together. I know it’s hard, but it does get easier. Give it time. And, you’ll know when you’re ready to love another furbaby.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stopping by your blog... I'm soooo sorry about your puppy. I hope the place you got him does something to help with it. I can't even imagine. I have two poodles, one of them is almost 14 and I've had him since the day he was born. I'm so sorry about your puppy!

    ~Kathryn

    ReplyDelete