Thursday, November 7, 2013

A weekend for the ages...

The beginning of October saw one of the coolest weekends of my entire life. The University of Alabama dedicated a plaza to my beautiful mom, and dozens of friends and family gathered to celebrate the weekend with us.

Mom made us cry with her sweet speech, but more than anything, I was struck by the lasting impact she has had - and that this Champions Plaza will have in the years to come. For the rest of my life, I will be able to walk around a space dedicated to my mom. That's a humbling moment for her - and for our family.



To make that incredible weekend even cooler? My sweet little sister, a champion in her own right, was elected to UA's homecoming court. She was one of the five outstanding women celebrated that weekend as well throughout homecoming pep rallies, parades and the halftime celebration. 

What can I say? My weekend was about the redheads in my family that weekend. I couldn't be prouder of them!




Weekends in the fall here are certainly magical, aren't they?

XOXO - and Roll Tide,
Mrs. Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment