Monday, January 28, 2013

A little note from Sweet Home Amy...


Friends, I have such a treat to share with you today! Many of y'all might remember the blog Sweet Home Amy, and today I've got a fun little message to share from Amy herself!

I wanted to introduce Amy today, and I'll be back to share a review of her book tomorrow!

XOXO,
Mrs. Jones

*****


On Feb. 9, 2009, I remember sitting down at my computer with my head in my hands, feeling utterly embarrassed and ashamed, and wondering what the heck to do next. I had hit rock bottom of the dating world. I was divorced, and officially had gone wild trying to get back "in the game". There was always one thing that made me feel better whenever I was down - writing. So I turned to the computer, and found blogging.

Fast forward a few years later and I've blogged about every dating disaster, dating success (yes there have been some!), cross country move (multiples of those), new job, and new friends. I quickly found a home in the blogging world, where my emotional rants and crazy dating tactics were completely acceptable.

About a year ago I decided to close down the blog, as I found myself living a pretty happy life. But a writer will always be a writer! Not only did I miss blogging (no worries - I'm back!), but I wanted to do something more. That's when my boyfriend said to me, "Why don't you write a book?"

So I collected my blog posts and went to work. Turns out I've had so much craziness happen in the past 4 years that one book wouldn't do. So I am turning Sweet Home Amy into a series. Book 1 was published on Amazon in November, as an e-book. The paperback became available through LuLu in December. (Links to both can be found on my website!)

Now, I am back to blogging, and currently am writing the second book. I live at the beach with my pretty amazing boyfriend (better known as Surfer), love playing guitar and baking, and am self-employed as a software consultant.

I hope that you enjoy my book! My goal is to make you laugh as you read about all the drama of a young Southern divorcee just trying to figure out life!

xoxo,
Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment