Monday, August 6, 2012

My Style Monday...

It's the middle of summer. It's hot. It's humid. It's so hard to be both professional and comfortable even in a business casual workplace right now. Does anybody feel my pain?

I  can't just shop til I drop for some fab new outfits, but I can hit up the clearance racks and jazz things up with jewelry to try to survive the scorching summer months. And that's what I've been making an effort to do.

I almost find myself being too casual when I get miserably hot, so I've been making an effort to combat that tendency and look a little nicer than normal!

Cue my $12 dress from Old Navy with great wedges and a cardigan! This dress, already such a steal, also gave me a red and blue dress for our Olympics party and a nautical base for an upcoming bachelorette party. It doesn't get much better than a dress that can do triple duty!



I'm a dress girl, that's for sure. When I saw this Xhileration beauty for just $15 at Target, I couldn't resist it. It's perfect for the beach, and my black shrug cardigan and black flats make it perfect for the office too. What do you think?


My favorite find has been a short sleeved teal cardigan from Loft (marked down from $40 to $18 I believe!), and my new necklace from Baublebar to dress up an old black dress!

 


I'll take some more pictures of my jewelry use this week, but that has been such an easy way for me to doll any old outfit up. What are your go to outfits and tricks for professional looks in the summer? I'm game for any advice!

XOXO,
Mrs. Jones

2 comments:

  1. Those dresses are great! I'm definitely living in sundresses during this heat wave. But I feel I need to spruce them up with some new cardis and jewelry. It's a great look!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hot weather dressing is the worst! I think you're right that dresses are the way to go to keep it looking professional without overheating. (And dresses are so easy to wear too!) I think I would melt with a cardigan on though. You're a tougher woman than me.

    ReplyDelete