Monday, June 11, 2012

OKC: Champions!

Whew.

Last Wednesday night was one of the most unreal of our lives. What started with a 3 hour rain delay turned into a night none of us would ever forget. In a winner-take-all third game in the series, Oklahoma jumped out to an early lead, but when the fourth inning came, everything changed. How does that saying go? After the rain.

Oklahoma got flustered. They spent the 15 minute delay on the bench in their dugout. Alabama? They climbed out of the dugout and danced, cheered and laughed their way to a championship. The crowd behind their dugout went crazy as they thumbed their nose at the skies, ready to play no matter how much rain came. It was the biggest momentum shift I've seen in any sporting event. When play resumed, it was all Alabama.

Just a few innings later, the Tide had played their way to a 5-4 victory - and a national championship. It was beautiful. I am so proud of my sweet sister.










I'm not sure it gets any better than that. I'm still on cloud 9 and I am so thankful I was there with my family to witness my sister's once-in-a-lifetime moment.

XOXO and Roll Tide,
Mrs. Jones

4 comments:

  1. chills. so so so awesome! RTR!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is incredible!!!! What a great sister you are for traveling to see the team compete! And what a great way to end the trip - proud and gleaming sister!!! GO BAMA!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ROLL TIDE! So glad you could be there. What a fun thing for your sweet family to have yet another championship this year.

    ReplyDelete