Thursday, March 22, 2012

A little DIY...

I'm trying to learn a little more about how to DIY. I'm not the best at it, but I had a problem, hated a piece of furniture we had, and tried something. It's not perfect, but it works for now!

This USED to be a puke-tan colored bookcase. Now it's white, resides in our closet, and actually holds things.


I'm still working on how best to organize it, but I found these $5 bins at Wal-Mart, and I thought they worked perfectly. I may be picking up to more to add to this, but I wanted to figure out what was going where before I got any more! What do you think?



Soon enough I'll figure out how to finish it. For now, I'm glad I found the bins I wanted - for cheap! :-)

Happy organizing and XOXO,
Mrs. Jones

4 comments:

  1. Nice job on the painting! I have several of those bins. They are great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bins like that are so great for organizing. I wish that I had a closet big enough to have furniture like that in there! It really helps keep things clean.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the bins! I've been thinking of picking up some for my built-in bookshelves in my sunroom.

    You did a great job organizing!

    ReplyDelete