Sunday, February 19, 2012

Scents-ational....

So, I'd heard all the jazz about Scentsy, and it looked cool, but I wasn't looking for something else to spend money on. But then my boss got a Christmas gift that her boyfriend was allergic too - so I wound up with a Scentsy warmer of my very own, for free! (I'll take it, that's for sure!)

I now love my Hatteras warmer. It's mid-size and has been in a few places in our house so far. I like being able to move it around, but I think I'd love to get a full-size one at some point too. 


Who loves Scentsy? I need to know all the tricks. Like, honestly, how do you get the wax out? What do you do with it? And how often do you add cubes or replace the scent? 


I can't wait to see what you guys have to say! :-) All my best tips seem to come from the virtual world - between blogging, twitter or Pinterest.... Love it.

XOXO,
Mrs. Jones

4 comments:

  1. I've heard about this thing but I don't have one of my own. It's a smokeless candle or something? It looks like a good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use a small tined fork to pop the wax out when it is cold and throw it or else put it in the back of the linen closet. I usually use 3 cubes in the medium, 4 in the large. I keep them in there for 2-3 days, depending on the scent and if, for example over a weekend, I have it on for a long time. I keep my unused bars in the crisper drawer of my refrigerator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i only have 2 plug ins. I keep them on almost continually. I change my scents out weekly. does a GREAT job covering up the smell of two puppy dogs. with a 50.00 purchase they give you this cool thing you drop down in the warmer to pop out the cubes and also a free small silicone spatula to wipe the warmer clean. email me if you have any more questions.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a huge Scentsy fan. I have a few of the large warmers that I've gotten as gifts or bought for myself. A few of my friends are consultants and I was told by one to use only 1 square in the warmer, and if you need to, put in a 2nd one. Three or four is way too much. To change out the scent, you just need to warm it up and then either pour it back in the container, or if the scent is almost done, just pour it in the trash, and then wipe the warmer down with a paper towel.

    ReplyDelete