Sunday, May 29, 2011

Date night done right

Last week, Mr. Jones and I went on a pretty awesome date. We haven't had "us" time (out of the house that is!) in months. We're not the best about getting out of our comfort zone, but when my sweet mom offered us tickets to see a favorite artist perform, I said YES and  my dear husband agreed to tag along. :-)

That's how we wound up out on the town last Wednesday night to hear Kenny Chesney!



It was incredibly enjoyable, as was the yummy Mexican we had on our way to the show after work.


After dinner, it was on to the show! I was pretty excited, because our new ampitheater opened a few months ago, but I hadn't been to an event at it yet. I was very impressed with everything about it. And our seats weren't bad either!





The concert was unique in so many ways. I've seen Kenny Chesney perform 6-7 times, but he came to Tuscaloosa a month after the tornado hit, keeping his schedule, and donating all of the proceeds to relief efforts in the area. That was one big thing that made the concert pretty cool and very special. But I was touched hearing him talk about how much he loved playing in Tuscaloosa and how it was a privilege to come back and play again. It had been a few years since his last "Keg in the Closet" tour that stopped here.

"Back Where I Come From" brought a smile to my face when he played it with Mac McAnnally - another surprise for us. But "My Home's In Alabama" was his final treat to us, and it brought tears to my eyes. This is my home. This is a special place to me. It was a fitting tribute, and the scenes of post-tornado Tuscaloosa moved the entire crowd of more than 7,000.

It may have just been a concert, and a fun date night with my husband, but for our town, it was so much more.

XOXO,
Mrs. Jones

3 comments:

  1. It sounds like a very special concert. I'm glad you and hubby enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg. i just busted out laughing at the second sentence...i am glad you clarified as uh, at first i thought you were referring to something else! bahahahahh!!! the new amphitheater looks awesome and i am glad yall had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a date night. Glad you got to go and have a fun night out!

    ReplyDelete