Welcome to another week everyone!
I am so very, very excited to share this week's Menu Monday with you! I've been raving about the recipes for a few days now, so I'm ready for some of you to try it.
Last Wednesday, I cooked up a storm! We started out with spinach salads (yum!) with feta and olives and Olive Garden Italian dressing. :-) SO good!
Next up came a new recipe for me: BLT Bites.
From a 2006 Light & Tasty magazine
28 cherry tomatoes
7 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
1/2 cup fat-free mayonnaise
1/3 cup chopped green onion
3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
2 tablespoons finely chopped celery
2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Cut a thin slice of the top of each tomato.
- Scoop out and discard pulp; invert tomatoes onto paper towels to drain.
- In small bowl, combine the bacon, mayo, onions, cheese, celery and parsley.
- Spoon mixture into tomatoes.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least two hours.
- 2 stuffed tomatoes = 38 calories, 2 g fat, 1 g fiber..... (NOT BAD!!!!)
These were fabulous, and Mr. Jones (being a tomato fan) was especially happy with them! So after the first two courses, I got to pull out the big guns and serve dessert!
From an old Cooking Light magazine
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
2 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 large eggs
2 cups 2% reduced-fat milk
1/4 cup Frangelico (hazelnut flavored liqueur)
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
2 cups frozen fat-free whipped topping, thawed
2 tablespoons chopped hazelnuts, toasted
- Combine the sugar, cocoa, cornstarch, salt and eggs in a medium bowl, stirring well with a whisk.
- Heat milk over medium-high heat in a small, heavy saucepan to 180 degrees or until tiny bubbles form around edge (do not boil).
- Gradually add hot milk to sugar mixture, stirring constantly with a whisk.
- Place the milk mixture in pan, and cook over medium heat until very thick and bubbly (about 5 minutes), stirring constantly.
- Spoon mixture into a medium bowl and add liqueur, vanilla, and chocolate, stirring until chocolate melts.
- Place bowl in a large ice-filled bowl for 15 minutes or until mixture is cool, stirring occasionally.
- Remove bowl from ice. Gently fold in one-third of whipped topping. Fold in remaining topping.
- Cover and chill for at least 3 hours.
- Sprinkle with hazelnuts.
- Makes six servings of about 2/3 cup each.
- 278 calories each
It was, without a doubt, simply divine. Please make it. Please.
Have a wonderful week!