Thursday, July 29, 2010

I feel a little lost this week...

.....but I'm trying to remember that this is totally normal.

I have moved. I am moving. I am in a new place for the first time in a few years. And it's all mine. That's hard to get used to. We've still got two rooms to paint, things to get out of the condo (all those little annoying things you don't know what to do with....)

I've been at work all week, but I've been sick too. I have this yucky sore throat and stuffy nose. I haven't taken any medicine, and I really don't want to. I know my body is yelling at me and telling me it's tired. Can I tell you how much better I felt for half a day yesterday after a Smoothie King Pineapple Surf smoothie with the "immune" enhancer added in? Like, whoa. It was amazing. Planning on another one for lunch. It seems to help a lot - along with the 9 hours of sleep I got last night.

In random news, some of my favorite bloggers have made me laugh lately. I loved this post by Mrs. Smith, and totally agree that all things can be healed by puppy kisses and that clean sheets give you a 5 point bonus any day. The dear Muffy Martini pointed out in this post that quite a few of us around the blogosphere have been moving lately. Check out my fellow movers when you get the chance! I need to add some of these lovelies to my blog reader!

I've missed my dear MacBook Pro and I am anxiously awaiting a new one before 2011 rolls around, lol. It makes blogging so much harder without it. And you all know I do love, love, love to get my blogging in. It just soothes to soul! I've felt like a sloth this week. I know I've felt bad, but I've just not managed to get much done aside from bringing a load or two of stuff from the condo to our house and trying to get all the laundry done. We re-washed ALL towels, sheets, etc. as we moved them, and BOY did that take a long time. I'm on our clothes from the last week now, finally.

I know it will all get done, but I hate half-done things, and I'm ready to have nothing left to do, but we are far, far, far away from that. Remind me that that's ok, will you? I'm tired. I need rest. I need hugs and puppy kisses - and the weekend. We're almost there, right?

That's all of my randomness for now.
XOXO,
Mrs. Jones

6 comments:

  1. Hope you feel better soon. I know my body definitely tells me when it's time to slow down. Sounds like yours is doing the same.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh being sick is no fun. I hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. girl! you have MOVED!!! we have been in our house for a year and a half and still find unsorted boxes of junk!! we will let you off the hook of your normal routine for a week or so until you get your feet back under ya! its almost the weekend! wahoooo! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww! I hope you get some rest! You're JUST moving... It's amazingly ambitious, but you don't need to have everything unpacked quite yet. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so behind on blogging, but I hope all of the moving has been going well and that Eve is getting used to the new place!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so behind on my blog reading, but thanks so much for linking to my post! So glad it made you smile!

    ReplyDelete