Stuffed Shells by Mrs. Smith
1/2 box Jumbo Shells pasta
Larger container Part-Skim Ricotta Cheese (I think 15oz. is the size.)
1/2 c. Low-fat Mozzarella, divided
1/4 c. Low-fat Cheddar
1/4 c. Fresh Grated Parmesan
Salt & Pepper to Taste
A couple shakes of Italian Seasoning (That's a totally technical and specific term here in Tennessee.)
Large jar of Marinara Sauce - your choice. (We choose Trader Joe's Organic Marinara.)
Optional: Italian Sausage of some sort. (Our sort is TJ's Sweet Italian Pork Sausage.)
1. Cook shells according to instructions on the box.
2-1. If you're using meat, cook in a skillet and drain excess fat.
2-2. Mix the cheeses and dry seasonings together in a bowl. (Use 1/4c. Mozzarella here.)
3. When shells are cooked and drained, run cold water over them to cool them.
4. Add a thin layer of the marinara to the bottom of a 9x13 pan.
5. Add meat to shells first. Then top with a spoonful of the cheese mixture. Add the filled shells to a 9x13 pan as they are filled, open-end facing up.
6. Cover shells with remaining marinara. Top with remaining Mozzarella.
7. Cover pan with foil and bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes.
Like, really? Check these pictures out:
Doesn't that just look delicious? Mr. Jones ate it up - and promptly asked for it again (only half-jokingly) the next night. It's on tap for a night in the next week for sure though.
(And I have so much to tell you about the house, life, Eve, weddings, and more! I'll try to type up a blog in my e-mail that I can post when I get home rather easily!)