Monday, February 8, 2010

Menu Monday: Stuffed Mushrooms

If you follow me on Twitter, you've heard from me a few times about making stuffed mushrooms. I've looked at recipes for them, but I basically just came up with how to make them my favorite way.


Yum. These are heaven.

Basically, you need mushrooms, sausage, minced garlic, parmesan cheese and a tiny bit of oil.

- Pull the stems apart from the mushroom tops. Set the caps aside. Chop the stems into diced little bits.
- Brown sausage, mushroom bits, and a small spoonful of garlic until sausage is browned on the stove.
- Mix in as much or as little parmesan as you want. I like sausage-y mixtures more than super cheesy ones. It's easy to mix ingredients however you'd like.
- Spoon the mixture into mushroom caps, and lay in brownie-like baking pan.
- Pour 1/2 cup water and 1 tsp oil into bottom of the pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 400 degrees.

SIMPLE! Then, they come out like this:


I think I made these in less than 40 minutes today, including baking time. I loved them. Mr. Jones' friends loved them. I crave them lots.

Enjoy! I'll give you a full menu again soon. Life has just been soooooo busy here lately!

XOXO,
Mrs. Jones

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh those look scrumptious! I wish I could make those, but I'd be the only one eating them since Husband hates mushrooms.

    And that would not be a nice thing to do to my waist. :)

    ReplyDelete