From: Fix-It and Forget-It Big Cookbook
Makes 12 servings
Prep time: 25 minutes
Cooking time: 8 hours
1 1/2 lbs beef flank steak
15-oz. can low-sodium diced tomatoes with garlic and onion, undrained
1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 tsp. coriander
1 tsp. cumin
1 tsp. chili powder
1/2 tsp. salt
2 medium onions, sliced
2 medium green bell peppers, julienned
2 medium sweet red bell peppers, julienned
1 Tbsp. minced fresh parsley
2 tsp. cornstarch
1 Tbsp. water
12 6-inch flour tortillas
1. Slice steak thinly into strips across grain and place in slow cooker.
2. Add tomatoes, jalapeno, garlic, coriander, cumin, chili powder and salt.
3. Cover, Cook on low 7 hours.
4. Add onions, peppers and parsley.
5. Cover. Cook 1-2 hours longer or until meat is tender.
6. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Gradually stir into slow cooker.
7. Cover. Cook on High 30 minutes, or until slightly thickened.
8. Serve in tortillas, using slotted spoon.
Notes: I've varied this a ton. I've cooked the entire thing at once, I've left out the peppers, or parsley or cornstarch. (And I've never attempted this with jalapenos.) It's never been anything less than wonderful, so as long as you follow this gist of this recipe, you'll love it!