Friday, March 9, 2012

Defying Gravity


Something has changed within me 
Something is not the same 
I'm through with playing by the rules 
Of someone else's game 
Too late for second guessing 
Too late to go back to sleep 
It's time to trust my instincts
Close my eyes: and leap!

My whole family got to go see Wicked again last week. It was wonderful. I keep coming back to these words. They seem to sum up where I am and how I'm feeling. Just love "Defying Gravity" because of the power of the words and the song. Anyone else feeling that way lately?

(not my best picture, but it's the only one I have!)

XOXO and HAPPY FRIDAY,
Mrs. Jones

5 comments:

  1. Wicked is one of my favorite plays of all time!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that is one of my favorite songs in one of my favorite musicals. I haven't seen it in years though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE Wicked!!! I've only gotten to see it twice - once on Broadway, once in London & I really want to see it again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's my favorite song! It's THE best Broadway play and I can't wait until the day I can see it again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so lucky! I saw it when we were in London and loved it. Defying Gravity is one of my favorite songs, closely followed by No Good Deed.

    When I moved to Germany, my facebook status was from Defying Gravity:

    Too late for second guessing
    Too late to go back to sleep
    It's time to trust my instincts
    Close my eyes
    and leap

    ReplyDelete