Monday, July 4, 2011

Menu Monday: Yeast Bread

Happy Monday lovelies!

So, I've been baking up a storm lately, and my favorite thing has been Lauren's Grandma's Yeast Bread. It's heavenly, so I wanted to share it with you!

I've made it twice, and I had good results each time. All of it was edible and delicious! Plus, my grandparents were super awesome and sent me these beautiful King Arthur Flour baking pans. They are amazing, I can't say enough about them. I'm already piddling around the site, and plotting what will join my collection. :-)

Aren't they (and my 10 lb bag of flour) pretty?! This was all prepared for baking with friends on a wonderful Sunday afternoon.



Here is how the bread-making went.... This is after the first rise:


Braided after first rise:


After second rise (poof!):


All ready to eat. Nom.


I've done braids (before my new pans), loaves in pans, loaves on a pan, and hamburger buns/rolls. All are fabulous. Except for maybe the cleanup from baking 10 loaves of bread and a batch of nom-alicious cupcakes:


Yeah, see what I mean?

So, anyways, PUH-LEASE go check Lauren's recipe out, and give it a try. It's not a totally exact science, but if I can make it work, I know you can!

Anyone up for bread-making with me?

XOXO,
Mrs. Jones

1 comment:

  1. If it wasn't going to be 90 degrees today, I'd totally be breadmaking. :-)

    ReplyDelete