Sunday, April 24, 2011

He is Risen!!!


Happy Easter! I grew up in a wonderful Methodist church, and today, the Apostles' Creed is still one of my favorite affirmations of faith. It sums my beliefs up. It is a statement I am proud to make. 

While today we attend a non-denominational church, I turned to this this morning, as a wonderful reminder that He is risen today and because Christ died and rose again for us, this world? It's only temporary.

Blessings on Easter to you all!

I believe in God, the Father Almighty,
   maker of heaven and earth.

And in Jesus Christ, his only Son, our Lord;
   who was conceived by the Holy Spirit,
      born of the virgin Mary,
      suffered under Pontius Pilate,
      was crucified, died, and was buried;*
   the third day he rose from the dead;
   he ascended into heaven,
   and sitteth at the right hand of the Father Almighty.
   from thence he shall come again to judge the quick and the dead.

I believe in the Holy Spirit,
   the holy catholic** Church,
   the communion of saints,
   the forgiveness of sins,
   the resurrection of the body,
   and the life everlasting. Amen.

Glory be to God today! I hope all of you have a wonderful Easter with your families. Much love from ours,

XOXO,
Mrs. Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment