So, here you go! Enjoy!
Mexican Mac and Cheese
Adapted from Better Homes and Gardens, March 2011
12 oz. dried penne pasta
1 lb. pork sausage
1 onion, chopped
10 oz. medium salsa
16 oz. shredded Monterey Jack cheese
Sliced jalapeno peppers
1. Preheat the oven to 350.
2. Grease a baking dish.
3. Cook pasta, drain and set aside.
4. Cook sausage and onion in large skillet. Let meat brown and onion become tender.
5. Drain fat, return to skillet. Add as much of the salsa to the mixture as you like. (I used about 8 oz.) Mix well.
6. Place half of pasta in baking dish. Cover with half the sausage mixture and half the cheese. Repeat layers.
7. Bake (uncovered) for 30 minutes.
8. Top with tomato wedges, jalapeno slices and more salsa if you like. Enjoy!