Friday, February 4, 2011

I'm ready...

So, the Jones household is gearing up for something big. Huge. Awesome. :-)

I've got my new North Face Jacket.


And my flip-top mittens (for working my iPhone and cameras of course!)


But the reason for said items and the desperate need of them? Something I've never blogged about before.

It's all because of this beautiful girl.


Meet my little sister. She's kicking off her freshman season as an Alabama softball player. I'm so proud. We're going to have a heck of a time going to games and trying to keep up with her this spring. But really? Mr. Jones and I would do anything for her. We can't wait to be there for all these moments for the next four years.

So, she's the reason for this cold-weather gear. I have to sit OUTSIDE in February! For hours at a time. Wouldn't you be grabbing some serious cold weather gear? Yeah, I thought so.



I'm a proud big sister. And I'll be there every step of the way lil sis!

XOXO,
Mrs. Jones

7 comments:

  1. That's so awesome that your sister is playing softball at the collegiate level! What a great accomplishment!

    Have fun in the cold - my sisters did the same thing many times for me, even though I didn't play in college. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ROLL TIDE!! I want to come and watch sometime. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go, little sis!! I'm sure all the pride of watching her will keep you warm as you spend hours outside in February!

    If I feel up to it next week post-surgery, I'm knitting you a scarf!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for your sister, that's awesome! Love your warm weather goodies [minus anything red, hehe]!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's so awesome! Thanks for sharing about your sister! (And the reason behind all of your new gear!) I hope she has an outstanding first season!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great big sis you are! She's gonna do great and love the fact that you're braving the cold to see her play. You should take along a thermos of hot cocoa or something.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sure she'll be so proud to have you cheering for her!

    ReplyDelete