Saturday, January 8, 2011

Goodbye 2010, Hello Magic Kingdom!!!

Our final theme park day was New Year's Eve at Disney's Magic Kingdom! I can't even begin to tell you how tired we were by the time our third day had started. It was ridiculous! But it was wonderful nonetheless! 

I love the holiday decorations at the Magic Kingdom. It really just looks more magical there than at any of the other parks. Have you ever seen the behind-the-scenes specials about how they do it? They are fabulous - watch next year if you can!



Mr. Jones can't stand Lotso from Toy Story 3, so of course he couldn't pass up this photo op!


We saw a couple of shows on the castle stage during the day! Dreams Do Come True and the Christmas show, I believe.


One of Mr. Jones' co-workers told us that Mickey's Toon Town will be torn down in 2011, so we had to make one last trip over there to go through Minnie's house!





I love her pink Christmas decorations! Aren't they just adorable!?!?



I love these Mickey-shaped wreaths on all the lamp posts. They really are one of my favorite decorations. Don't think I don't have plans of a Mickey-shaped wreath at our house for next year. Keep your eyes peeled. :-)


We only lasted until about 4 p.m., but we rode Space Mountain twice, got drenched on Splash Mountain, giggled at the Laugh Floor, rode Pirates of the Caribbean, visited Toon Town, saw the Hall of Presidents, Mickey's PhilharMagic, It's a Small World, the Enchanted Tiki Room, and of course, Mr. Jones all-time favorite, the Carousel of Progress. :-) Busy day, huh?

But we loved every minute, and rang in the new year in a wonderful hotel, with gourmet pizza and champagne.... and we didn't even make it until midnight!

Yay for Disney!
XOXO,
Mrs. Jones

2 comments:

  1. You weren't able to make it to see the fireworks in the Kingdom? I think I have the video from last year somewhere, that I could show you. :) It really is amazing! But it sounds like your New Year's was pretty awesome even without fireworks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found your blog- thanks so much for commenting on mine! Couldn't find the button to become a follower, so I'll have to check back often. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete